A casino in Enid, Okay???.If an Indian tribe, worked through all the bureaucratic process while using Bureau of Indian Affairs and might build an online casino in downtown Enid, will you be for or against it? If you live in Enid and occasionally visit other casinos across the state, you most likely run into other people you know from Enid, partaking within the recreation furnished by the casinos. These are the same people that have left our town and so are spending their recreation dollars elsewhere. They are shopping at the stores, eating in the restaurants, and staying with the hotels inside area.
A brief history:
The power to run bingo games was among the many concessions created to tribes in Oklahoma. Then some very ingenious person made a bingo game that appeared to be a slot machine. We supply seen the tiny digital bingo card in the top corner of the display screen of the slot machine game. From that invention forward, Oklahoma casinos begun to spring up everywhere. After all, you're still playing bingo, just in a very new and technical way. Later, a gaming compact between your tribes and also the State of Oklahoma allowed the usage of Vegas style slot machine games, poker, and blackjack. Thus, bigger and better casinos were built and are still being built throughout Oklahoma.
A casino are only able to be built within historic tribal boundaries after which placed in the trust with all the U.S. government. Since Enid does not have any casino, could be that the reason? Then upon researching Garfield County, Oklahoma via Wikipedia, it turned out found, that prior to Land Run of 1893, Garfield County was named O County and was part in the Cherokee Outlet, occupied by the Cherokee people following the Treaty of New Echota and the Cherokee trail of tears. Historically, the area was a hunting ground of the Wichita, Osage, and Kiowa tribes. Does that qualify us as being within historic tribal boundaries?
Positive aspects of a casino in Enid:
1. The revenues generated from casinos are taken to operate tribal governments and programs for its citizens. In addition, a portion of the revenue is split using the State of Oklahoma.
2. Tribes utilize the revenues to boost infrastructure.
3. Related places of interest are built.
4. Jobs are made.
5. The added income and influx of tourists increase retail trade.
6. Promotes tribal economic development.
7. The casinos donate to local charities.
8. A survey of casino patrons discovered that over 80 percent from the visitors to casinos were interested in also doing something other than gambling. So the casino becomes an anchor for other tourism attractions like family water parks.
9. The casinos create new lines of cooperative economic development between American Indians and non-Indian entrepreneurs.
10. Casinos supply a magnet for outside money that failed to previously exist.
11. Local resident who accustomed to travel outside of the area now stays within the area.
12. More construction jobs are set up building casinos.
13. Gambling is surely an accepted method for governments to raise funds. It is seen as a source of money that is certainly easier to obtain because it's not a tax on individuals.
14. In several communities the next businesses showed an increase in profits, attendance, and customers after an internet casino came to their area:
a. Retail stores
c. Local arts and crafts shows
d. Hunting and fishing activities
e. Horse trail rides
f. Festivals and events had higher attendance
g. Movie theaters
h. Historical sites were visited more frequently
i. Scenic drives
j. Walking trails
k. Water parks
l. Biking trails
m. Roller skating
n. Fitness centers
Negative facets of a casino in Enid
1. Tourism dollars hinge on how well the casino pays out. Winners may spend freely, but losers may return purchases and cut their hotel stays short.
2. For some gambling becomes a dependency.
3. Gambling kills time, and subtracts from time spent on useful endeavors.
4. Locally-owned businesses go bankrupt because consumers have changed their expenditures to casinos.
5. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes pour millions of dollars into political campaigns at both state and federal levels. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B,. Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
6. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes may also be influencing gambling along with other policies affecting Native Americans by handing large sums to influential lobbying firms. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B, Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
7. In towns with casino's, there is surely an increase within the following:
e. Domestic violence
f. Drug and alcohol addiction
What is Gambling Addiction?
Gambling addiction is called an action addiction. When gambling, the endocrine system, adrenaline and endorphins, are self-produced. As the person gambles more often, it brings about tolerance to the adrenaline and endorphins, therefore it takes more gambling far better stakes, to find the equal high. Recent studies show that video slot gambling illuminates the human brain the same way that cocaine does. (Source: Stop the Casino 101 Coalition)
If an online casino were to petition to find downtown Enid, what can be your opinion? Do you think it would enhance website our community or bring social problems we might not want to handle?